I am currently an associate professor at School of Computer Science and Engineering, Nanjing University of Science and Technology. I received my Ph.D degree from School of Information Systems, Singapore Management University in 2018, under the supervision of Prof. Jing Jiang. Currently, I am interested in the following topics:
- Natural Language Processing: sentiment analysis, information extraction, question answering, text summarization, social media analysis, multimodal data analysis, text generation and dialogue system.
- Machine Learning and Data Mining: supervised/semi-supervised learning, deep learning, transfer learning, multi-task learning, multimodal learning.
- 2014-2018: Ph.D., SMU, Supervisor: Prof. Jing Jiang.
- 2012-2015: M.Eng., NUST, Supervisor: Prof. Rui Xia and Prof. Shumei Wang.
- 2008-2012: B.Sc., NUST, Supervisor: Prof. Shumei Wang.
- 2019-now: Associate Professor, NUST, Nanjing, China.
- 2018-2019: Research Scientist, SMU, Singapore.
- 2018-2018: Research Intern, Snap Inc, Los Angeles, USA.
- 2017-2017: Research Intern, Alibaba Inc, Hangzhou, China.
- Yufei Tian, Jianfei Yu* and Jing Jiang. Aspect and Opinion Aware Abstractive Review Summarization with Reinforced Hard Typed Decoder. In CIKM 2019, pp. 2061-2064.
- Jianfei Yu, Jing Jiang and Rui Xia. Global Inference for Aspect and Opinion Terms Co-extraction based on Neural Networks. IEEE/ACM Transactions on Audio, Speech and Language Processing, 27(1), pp. 168-177, 2019.
- Jianfei Yu and Jing Jiang. Adapting BERT for Target-Oriented Multimodal Sentiment Classification. In IJCAI 2019, pp. 5408-5414. [data]
- Jianfei Yu, Luis Marujo, Jing Jiang, Pradeep Karuturi and William Brendel. Improving Multi-label Emotion Classification via Sentiment Classification with Dual Attention Transfer Network. In EMNLP 2018, pp. 1097-1102. [code]
- Jianfei Yu, Minghui Qiu, Jing Jiang, Shuangyong Song, Jun Huang, Wei Chu and Haiqing Chen. Modelling Domain Relationships for Transfer Learning on Chatbot-based Question Answering Systems. In WSDM 2018, pp. 682-690. Oral, AR: 23/514=4.48%. [code]
- Zixiang Ding, Rui Xia, Jianfei Yu, Xiang Li, and Jian Yang. Densely Connected Bidirectional LSTM with Applications to Sentence Classification. In NLPCC, pp. 278-287, 2018. [code]
- Feng Xu, Jianfei Yu, and Rui Xia. Instance-based Domain Adaptation based on Single and Multiple Logistic Approximation. IEEE Intelligent Systems, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 78-88, 2018.
- Ying Ding, Jianfei Yu and Jing Jiang. Recurrent Neural Networks with Auxiliary Labels for Cross-Domain Opinion Target Extraction. In AAAI 2017, pp. 3436-3442.
- Jianfei Yu and Jing Jiang. Leveraging Auxiliary Tasks for Document-level Cross-Domain Sentiment Classification. In IJCNLP 2017, pp. 654-663.
- Jianfei Yu and Jing Jiang. Learning Sentence Embeddings with Auxiliary Tasks for Cross-Domain Sentiment Classification. In EMNLP 2016, pp. 236–246. Oral, AR: 87/747=11.65%. [code]
- Jianfei Yu and Jing Jiang. Pairwise Relation Classification with Mirror Instances and a Combined Convolutional Neural Network. In COLING 2016, pp. 2366-2377. [code]
- Rui Xia, Feng Xu, Jianfei Yu, Yong Qi, and Erik Cambria. Polarity Shift Detection, Elimination and Ensemble: A Three-stage Model for Document-level Sentiment Analysis. Information Processing and Management, vol. 52, no. 1, pp. 36–45, 2016.
- Jianfei Yu and Jing Jiang. A Hassle-Free Unsupervised Domain Adaptation Method Using Instance Similarity Features. In ACL 2015, pp. 168–173. Oral, AR: 50/648=7.72%. [code]
- Rui Xia, Jianfei Yu, Feng Xu, and Shumei Wang. Instance-based Domain Adaptation in NLP via In-target-domain Logistic Approximation. In AAAI 2014, pp. 1600–1606.
- Program Committee Member: IJCAI, AAAI, ACL, EMNLP, NAACL, COLING, IJCNLP, CCL, SMP, etc.
- Journal Reviewer: IEEE TAFFC, IEEE/ACM TASLP, ACM TALIP, IPM, JASIST, Neurocomputing, etc.
Last update on 2019-11-7